Monday, February 25, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen...Welcome

Hi, folks. This is Andy Roberts here, your intrepid sports reporter at the White Lake Beacon and Oceana's Herald-Journal.

I've decided to launch a blog in this here space, because with all the coverage we do, there simply is not enough room in my six pages per week (three pages at two papers each) to fill you in on everything there is to know about sports here in West Michigan. I want to serve you guys better, so I'm starting this. The timing is pretty good, since district basketball tournaments start tonight and baseball and softball seasons will begin next month.

Tonight, Ludington Daily News sports editor Dave Bossick will be covering the Pentwater/Walkerville girls' basketball pre-district game at Mason County Eastern, while I will be at the Hart/Montague pre-district showdown at Montague. Both games will appear in this week's OHJ.

I don't know how often I will post in here, though I'm sure I will have some items on a thrilling weekend at state wrestling down at Battle Creek over the next couple of days. Hopefully I can build a small following as we continue to try to find ways to get our readers the best sports coverage in the area.

Thanks in advance for reading, and I hope you enjoy.

Andy Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment